It belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It helps to reduce swelling and irritation. Clobetasol propionate is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness of certain scalp problems. These include eczema and psoriasis that have not responded to milder steroid creams, ointments, lotions or scalp applications
Drug Alert : If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clobetasol propionate or any of the other ingredients of Clobetasol propionate
Before Consuming the Medicine :
- Avoid Drug - If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clobetasol propionate or any of the other ingredients of Clobetasol propionate, If you have a skin infection on your scalp, On a child under 1 year. Do not use if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Clobetasol propionate
- Drug Special Care - Check with your doctor or pharmacist before using your medicine if :
- You are applying the liquid under an airtight dressing. These dressings make it easier for the active ingredient to pass through the skin. It is possible to accidentally end up using too much.
- You have psoriasis, your doctor will want to see you more often. If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine
- Drug Pregnancy Interaction - Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding
How to take the Medicine :
- Consumption Info - Always use Clobetasol propionate exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure The liquid is flammable, you should keep it away from fire. Do not dry your hair with a hairdryer or be near a fire.
- Drug quantity - Wash your hands. Unscrew the bottle cap and place the nozzle directly on the scalp that needs treating. Gently squeeze the bottle to cover the area with a thin and even layer of liquid You can rub this liquid in, but you don’t have to. Your scalp will feel cool until the liquid has dried. Wash your hands again
- Excess Drug Consumption - If, by mistake on a few occasions you use more than you should, do not worry. If you apply a lot or if a lot is accidentally swallowed, it could make you ill. Talk to your doctor or go to hospital as soon as possible